There is no question with the soaring temperatures and rising humidity that summer has arrived in Ontario. This often means more travel time in the car with the family – whether it be a trip to the beach, cottage or a road trip to see another part of Ontario or indeed, Canada. Making sure you stay safe on the busy holiday roads should be a top priority this vacation season.
Avoiding Car Accidents
Here are some safe summer driving tips, as outlined by the Ministry of Transportation:
- Drive at a safe speed, do not tailgate and do not weave in and out of traffic
- Take a break if you feel tired
- Make sure everyone is properly buckled up and babies and young children are in car seats and booster seats
- Don’t let extra items like sporting or camping equipment block your view of the road
- Make sure loads are securely tied to your vehicle
- Watch out for increased activities on the road due to cyclists, motorcyclists, rollerblades, skateboarders and scooters
- Don’t drink and drive
- Watch out for pedestrians – school’s out so more children are playing outside. For more information on avoiding pedestrian accidents, visit our blog Watch Out for Pedestrians!
Contact an Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer
Despite taking all of these precautions, you may still be involved in a car accident. Whether it’s a straightforward fender bender or a more serious accident, you may need to consult a personal injury lawyer if you have suffered personal injuries as a result of the crash.
As a injured car accident victim you are entitled to apply for no-fault Accident Benefits and may also be entitled to recover damages in a civil lawsuit against the driver of the other vehicle involved in the collision.
As with most things in life, the sooner you act the better. Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers have the expertise to ensure you are accessing all the benefits available to you and would be pleased to sit down with you for a free initial consultation. Contact us toll free at 1-800-563-6348.