Following a serious accident resulting in personal injury, many people will make the first step towards taking action by calling an Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer to help answer questions about what to do next. In this post, we asked personal injury lawyer, Patrick Sloan, what questions he is asked most often by accident victims, and how he responds to their concerns.
Can you tell me if I have a personal injury case?
Anyone who has been injured or involved in an accident on residential, commercial or municipal property needs to talk to a personal injury lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, defective products, or dangerous property claims all fall under the authority of personal injury law. If you have suffered financial physical, emotional or financial losses as a result of your accident, you are entitled to seek compensation through a lawsuit.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
We offer both hourly rate and contingency fee billing depending on your needs. During your initial consultation, we usually determine whether an hourly rate or a contingency fee would be the best option for you based on the nature of your case and your ability to pay. We understand that clients on fixed income benefits due to a disability may have specific financial challenges and we will work with you to make suitable payment arrangements.
How soon should I meet with a personal injury lawyer?
If you have been involved in an accident or been injured at work or on the job, you should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner, the better.
With serious personal injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and orthopaedic injuries like spinal cord injuries, amputations, or neck, shoulder, knee and other bodily injuries, it is especially critical that you talk to a lawyer as quickly as possible after the incident to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the benefits and/or compensation you deserve.
The province of Ontario has established strict time limits for reporting and filing a claim. If you fail to submit your claim in time, you could forfeit your ability to sue for financial compensation or damages.
Why should I hire you?
We are an established firm with a record of successful wins under our belts. Here are the top five reasons why you should choose us to represent you:
- We are a lot like you. We come from, live and work in rural Ontario and we know just how different your individual concerns and circumstances are from other clients living in major urban cities.
- We have extensive experience handling cases like yours. Our lawyers have 80 years of combined experience in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation.
- We offer competitive fees for every budget so you don’t have to lie awake at night wondering and worrying about whether you will be able to pay your final bill.
- We act as counsel and consult on personal injury and civil litigation cases referred to us by small firms and solo practitioners across Ontario. We travel to you and we will meet you in your home or your current solicitor’s office, wherever you feel most comfortable.
- We are committed to achieving solutions that work for you… so you never feel bullied or taken advantage of.
We pride ourselves on getting you quick, efficient results so you don’t spend your days wondering and worrying how your case or claim will turn out.
How long will it take to settle my personal injury case?
The details of every case are unique. The process of gathering your information, determining the value of your settlement and seeing it through to resolution will take some time. It is important to remember that you will need to have patience and be prepared to work closely with your lawyer in order to receive a quick and fair resolution to your claim.
How to hire an Ontario Injury Lawyer to represent you:
We offer a no obligation consultation and we will spend as long as necessary with you to understand what you need, outline how we can help, how long it might take, and any financial results you might expect.
CALL 1-(800)- 563-6348 to talk to a personal injury lawyer today